Friday, November 26, 2010

Paradise Pot Roast

Whenever you go on a trip to the same place more than once, it is hard to avoid going to a lot the same places. The truth is, when you're traveling many times you don't know the area very well. Once you find a good thing in this unfamiliar place, you don't want to risk going someplace else and not having as good of a time. Some may consider this getting stuck in a rut, but for me these places are what makes the trip worth taking. They are what signify that I am really there again, and that the last time I was there was real. This is especially true for me when it comes to visiting Orlando. I had never been to Florida in my life until three years ago when I went to Disney for my senior trip. Since then, I have been three times in three years. I remember thinking the first time that I had no idea when or if I would be back again. I didn't know how long it would be until I saw the Magic Kingdom again. Lucky for me, my boyfriend's family decided to take us the next year. The year after that, my boyfriend and I went ourselves. Each time I've returned, there has been one thing that makes the trip seem like reality. That thing is the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.
My first trip to Disney was the first time I'd been to the Rainforest Cafe. Since then, I don't feel like I am really there until I cross the invisible barrier into the restaurant. There are no doors to the Rainforest Cafe- just an invisible wall. You know when you've crossed it because suddenly the air is different. It's no longer muggy; the air conditioning takes care of that. But the air still feels heavy, as rainforest air should. The smell is the other thing that hits you. The smell of the clean, chlorinated water that falls like rain throughout the restaurant. It's that smell that signals to me that I am back in Disney. I've heard that Disney has it's own smell- a bottled scent that they waft throughout their property and stores. But for some reason that doesn't affect me as much as the smell of the Rainforest Cafe.
Of course, after I smell the Rainforest Cafe, the next thing I want is to taste it. For me, the taste of the Rainforest Cafe is the Paradise Pot Roast. "Tender thick-sliced pot roast and vegetables over mashed potatoes and served in its natural juices" the Paradise Pot Roast is one of my favorite parts of my visit to Orlando. The first time I chose it because it was the cheapest thing on the menu. The second two times were because it was so delicious, I couldn't risk ordering anything else and being disappointed. Each time I ate at the Rainforest I was with other people and every time they've been jealous of my meal. I could never say the same for theirs. Mine is always pure paradise perfection. We tend to order fancy dishes when we go out, but sometimes the simple ones are the best kept secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment